Saturday, February 12, 2011

Easiest Dmv Los Angeles

Wales rose and first macro insect: a parasitic wasp?

First insect macro photography at 105 mm!

Yesterday, for the first time in ages (in other words since the first crop of mushrooms ), I was finally able to swap my 60 mm macro winter cons my favorite target: the 105 mm macro. Of course, it's a bit early to expect reconnect with insect photo ... And flower side , no daisies this time. Just the tiny flowers of hazel . But no matter: there was the sun, blue sky, softness, and when the light began to wane and brown landscape, it was really happy.

A gall of briar (wild rose)

I wanted to kneel in fireweed faded to take photos rather abstract. Past a clump of briars, I saw the corner of my eye that the galls were recently emptied of their tenants. Will I ever get the chance to attend the "birth"?


Click to enlarge photos
Galle de l'églantier ou bédégar
Galle rose hip (or Bédégar Barbe Saint-Pierre), small holes left by the departure of insect pests Adults (Photo Documentary)
Galls wild roses are due to Hymenoptera parasites: The the rose gall wasp ( Diplolepis rosae). The female lays her eggs on the wild rose that begins to produce a profusion of plant cells to overcome this attack. This strategy of defense plant eventually produces a gall around large eggs. And this is how the larvae can develop sheltered quietly galls. In spring, larvae complete their development, and adult insects emerge from the gall.

insect photo at sunset: a wasp Cynips the rose? (Diplolepis rosae)

As expected, I crouched a few yards away in an abandoned, the objective immersed in the delicate tracery of fireweed, towards the setting sun. A few pictures later, my 105 falls on an intruder: a tiny insect backlight. I first took for a mosquito : there were dozens of them to shine disorderly flight in the last rays of the sun. But look closer, this insect was a funny-looking for a dipteran, especially with such antennas ...
Photo d'insecte hyménoptère au soleil couchant: cynips du rosier?
insect photo at sunset: Cynips the rose? (Hymenoptera)

... The insect then had absolutely nothing to do with the large family of flies and mosquitoes. This was unlike a wasp (wasp, bee, drone ...) . Of course, such a picture backlight will not allow me to identify with certainty. Yet her figure seems to correspond to the wasp family Cynipidae and why not, Cynips the rose? ( Diplolepis rosae). Would I surprised one of these insect pests of wild roses, which had just to get out of the gall? ...
And this is my first photo insect 2011 in the box! This is a premise of true macro return of the season, but no doubt it's coming, even if the coming weeks I probably will seem endless ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment