Sunday, January 2, 2011

Osterizer Imperial Viii Model 542

The Dream Mistress of Ulysses

"I dreamed about this a hundred times back on my island. The gods had wanted to test myself and I was punished ... yet I was the instigator of the horse allowed to take Troy. Proud of my ruse, I thought to be invincible as much by challenging the Cyclops sheep appetizing. My way back under the wrath of Poseidon, was transformed into the Cross ... the Sorceress Circe, the Sirens, Nausicaa, Calypso, as many games that evil away from my back and my wife ...

Here I was in Ithaca and only few faithful servants and an old dog recognized me. I was as alone in the world, forgotten by his family, that's what I thought ... But my son Telemachus was waiting and my wife Penelope, wait by ignoble and greedy suitors by undoing the work of its delivery to my expectations. Now I'm here, in the guise of a beggar and I will tender the arch of my youth, proving my identity, my back, my life ... and soon my revenge. "

The man had told this story in one go and mind a break, I reused a pint of amber hops, dry it down also. He continued:
- I wanted to make a stop on the ship as it bears the name of a God who caused me so many torments ...
- Poseidon is a nice name, but to defend these waters to and fro, should be that of a destroyer of punishment. I replied.

The eye of man sank into my mind like a sword and I looked to the sky for relief. He got up and thanked me for the hospitality.
- I resume my journey towards mine. This island Skull is friendly but I can not wait to tread the land of Ithaca, I feel it is not far ...

Behind his frail appearance, we felt the strength of his muscles contained and desire. Descending the steps towards the pontoon bridge and the village road, the old man quickly disappeared from my sight, as if impelled by a superhuman, almost divine.

The corridors of time are sometimes heroes derive their roads, but with the strength and toughness, some like Ulysses, one day arriving to satisfy their dreams and destinies ...


Jack Rackham.

so read "The Odyssey ," attributed to Homer , recounting the return home of Odysseus after the Trojan War, and living some unusual adventures ...


0 comments:

Post a Comment